BARE AND FREE
|Volume 22||Number 2, March 2010|
In this Issue
Days to Remember
It has been a long cold winter. Join us for our first picnic of the year and our Annual Membership Meeting on Sunday, March 14. The day is free for voting members. We eat at 1:00 and meet at 2:00. Hear reports on the successful year just past. We will then elect our new officers. (The new board will meet briefly to organize after the membership meeting.)
The other big agenda item is a bylaw amendment, spelling out our relationship with the new student organization, Naturally FSU. By the way, our student group is the lead article on page 1 of this month’s AANR Bulletin. Here is the proposed wording:
Section XIV--Naturally FSU
A. Naturally FSU, a recognized student organization, is the full official name of the nudist group at Florida State University.
1. The student group has its own constitution, and is subject to all university regulations. These include current enrolment in FSU classes, and no nudity on campus.
2. Officers are elected each September by the members of Naturally FSU.
B. Naturally FSU also operates as an adjunct of Tallahassee Naturally.
1. Its main function is to promote Tallahassee Naturally events among students.
2. The group may organize additional events as well. If such events are on club grounds, normal lake fees apply, and any members of Tallahassee Naturally present are welcome to participate.
3. The president of Naturally FSU shall provide the board of Tallahassee Naturally with an up-to-date list of members, officers, and their contact information. The board of Tallahassee Naturally shall be kept informed of Naturally FSU activities.
4. If Naturally FSU deviates from national nudist/naturist principles, the board of Tallahassee Naturally has the authority to steer it back on course, reorganize it, or shut it down.
5. The board of Tallahassee Naturally must walk a fine line of not interfering with the smooth operation of Naturally FSU, but offering organizational support when continuity is needed.
C. Membership in both Naturally FSU and Tallahassee Naturally is encouraged, but not required.
D. The board of Tallahassee Naturally may on occasion waive or reduce fees of Naturally FSU members, while trying to also be fair to students attending other colleges.
Our club hosts the world’s only authentically nude re-enactment of the ancient Greek pentathlon. The fifteenth annual College Greek Athletic Meet is Sunday, March 28--with a rain date of April 11. The event is free for participants. Competition includes the long jump, discus, 200-yard dash, and javelin--with a type of stand-up wrestling in case of a tie. No experience is necessary. Entry classifications are male athlete, male non-athlete, female athlete, and female non-athlete. People of any age can compete, though the victory wreaths go to the top college student in each classification.
Registration starts at 10:00. There will be practice and demonstration of the ancient methods at 11:00. Competition begins at 1:00. This event usually brings young people from near and far.
On April 9-11, Florida Young Naturists sponsor the second annual Spring Bash for nudists age 18-30 at Sunsport Gardens near Loxahatchee. Body painting, volleyball, and drum circles are among the events. You can find more details at www.floridayoungnaturists.com. If you are thinking of going and want to share a ride, let us know.
Everyone’s club membership expires March 31. Fees remain unchanged:
Annual lake fees:
Renewing members are expected to deepen their commitment by joining one of the national organizations.
The Naturist Society: